Your Insider app is a powerful tool for your organization and community. Make sure you are promoting it accordingly. People need to know the app exists. They must easily find it. And they must fully understand its benefits – for visitors, businesses and the entire community. Below are some ideas to ensure your Insider app does the work you need it to do. 468 Communications can provide templates for all the example materials listed, and we are available to assist you in executing these programs.
1. MAKE YOUR COMMUNITY THE APP’S BIGGEST FANS
Ongoing word-of-mouth within the community is the single most effective way to promote your Insider app, which benefits residents and visitors alike. Make sure your community understands that this is their tool, which they can use to educate visitors and promote their own businesses.
- Encourage businesses to incorporate the app into their ongoing marketing efforts: onsite app signage, staff talking points, app download links on websites, and Facebook posts about rewards.
- Create cards about the app that staff and participating businesses can hand out to visitors.
- Use the app to put on better events. Whether it’s an annual festival or ribbing cutting ceremony, create app locations for each event and use points and rewards to drive attendance.
- Give out app-branded tchotchkes to community members (stickers, mugs, t-shirts, etc.)
2. SHOWCASE THE APP ACROSS ALL MARKETING EFFORTS
Embrace the Insider app as part of your ongoing marketing activities. Take advantage of existing resources – staff, materials and marketing channels – to generate awareness and excitement.
- Include app image, blurb and download information in printed maps, guides and websites.
- Include a blurb about the app in all of your ongoing ad buys.
- Train your staff to tell every visitor about the app and the rewards available to them.
- Hang signage at your Visitors Center – Point to the app as a resource for visitors when your office is closed.
- Use social media and newsletters to regularly remind people about the app and its benefits. Highlight businesses’ app rewards as a way to promote your members.
3. LAUNCH YOUR APP LIKE IT’S A NEW BUSINESS IN TOWN
- Issue a press release about the app launch and pitch stories to regional and travel reporters.
- Advertise in regional and travel publications with information about the app and where to get it.
- Host a launch event for local residents and businesses to try out the app and earn rewards.
- Ensure participating businesses have signage and staff ready to promote the app.
- Use 468 Insider’s library of images, videos and language for social media posts announcing app.