- The purpose of the user competition is to drive usage of the app as well as to increase traffic for local businesses. The contest encourages users to compete for a period of time to see who uses the app the most.
- The competition can be based on Point Redemption or Point Collection. (measure these in the reports section in your admin tool).
- App users with the highest points collected/redeemed will receive a prize.
- The prize should be compelling enough to motivate people to tell their friends and strive to be the top redeemer or collector.
1. SET UP THE COMPETITION
The first step is to select the prize. Make it something users will get excited about. Next, decide what you will be rewarding with this competition: Options include points collected, points redeemed, or both. Finally, select the end date of the competition
2. ENSURE BUSINESSES ARE ON BOARD
The competition’s success hinges on whether your businesses are on board and
plan to promote the competition to their customers. Send out a newsletter and/or host an informational meeting to explain how the competition will work and what is required of them.
3.PROMOTE THE COMPETITION
We highly suggest using social media posts and print marketing materials to promote the competition. Start doing this a few weeks before you launch the competition.
Post weekly updates to a leaderboard to let your community know who is currently in line to win the competition. We’ve provided templates for both print leaderboards as well as social media. Populate these forms with updated information from the reports tool.
Once the competition has ended, you should once again access your reports
page on the admin tool to find out who your winners are. Then you can announce the winner on social media. It is at this point that you can either launch your next competition or start working on launching next month’s competition (depending on if running monthly or seasonally). Also make sure to fill out the survey provided by 468 so we can continue to improve!