What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the App, personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you may supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you obtain a subscription, complete a survey, register on the App, upload content, participate in a community, or provide your e-mail address. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the App and the Internet.
As a general matter, you can browse the App without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information.
- Registration for an account on the App
- Profile information that You provide for Your user profile
- Uploading Content to the App
- Participation in surveys
- Sign up to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from Organization
- App related communications, e.g. account verification; technical notification
- Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the App that permits it
- Any other place on the App where you knowingly volunteer personal information
In addition, when you interact with the App, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our App (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and postal code as part of collecting personal information
- Device information about your browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the App. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the App.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Other information regarding your use of the App.
Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information
We may collect and store location information about you on the App and associated with your account that you volunteer on the App or enable through the App or your device. We will not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request is deleted. We do collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the App
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the App. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- To upload your content to our App as you request
- To permit you to update, edit, and manage your content on our App
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our App
- To communicate with you about changes to our policies
- To personalize content and experiences on our App, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
- To disclose anonymized Personal Information to disclose statistics and analytics and other details regarding the use of our App.
- To optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- To automatically update the App on your device
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the App
Use of Your Location Information
Specifically, we use your location information to:
- Personalize content on our App, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
- Facilitate the collection and/or redemption of credits, points, or other benefits for associated loyalty or reward programs associated with the App
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the App and their purchasing patterns
To Whom Do We Provide Your Information?
Business Partners and Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with our business partners from time to time. You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of your Personal Information with business partners and third parties at any time by following the opt-out process described below.
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the App.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the App; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the App or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the App or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
What Steps Are Taken to Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our App are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Organization, its Clients, Affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Policy
Visitors to our App can choose not to provide the personally identifiable information needed to register for the Service, however, those visitors will not be able to use the Service. You may choose not to share your precise geo-location information with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings or the settings on our mobile applications.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you have an account with Organization, you may review and change your information by logging into your account and editing your profile. Be advised that we may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also deleting your user account. You will not be permitted to examine the Personal Information of any other person or entity and may be required to provide us with Personal Information to verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Organization who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com .